This champagne sangria came about for two reasons…one, I love champagne and two, I love sangria. So I knew that champagne sangria would be perfect and a match made in heaven for me. I then of course had to choose what fruit to put in it and let me just tell you how that went down…
I wrote down all of these fruits that I thought would go well, look pretty etc. But then I did what I do so often…see other things that catch my fancy and decide to do that instead. So I basically scrapped all the fruit and replaced it with other fruit. The only two original fruits I kept were apples and oranges. Everything else was on the fly! And it really turned out brilliantly.
This sangria is so easy to make and you could really do it with other fruits you have on hand, this was just a combination that I loved. You can make it super far in advance and just keep it in the fridge, or do what I did, which was to prep all the fruit the night before and then just pour it in with the champagne! Perfect for New Years! Cheers!
- 1 green apple, sliced thin
- 1 orange, sliced thin
- 1 grapefruit, scored
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Juice from one lemon
- ½ cup Brandy
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 bottles of champagne or prosecco (750 ML)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Combine all the fruit in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice over then toss.
- In a large mixing bowl or pitcher, add Brandy then sugar and stir to incorporate as much as possible.
- Add champagne/ prosecco and and stir.
- Add all fruit then stir.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Add ice cubes if you wish.