On Fee SIMPLE Fridays you will get easy recipes. In the legal field, Fee Simple is the absolute ownership of property to the exclusion of others. I want you to own your kitchen every Friday with these easy-to-make recipes!
I’m not sure if you guys are noticing a theme here. But I’m pretty into pomegranates this fall. This isn’t really a new thing. I’ve been into pomegranates for awhile, but basically what happened was I bought ONE to make this Quinoa Salad and then I just couldn’t get enough so I had to throw them in the next fall salad, and then use them again for a sweet treat. And I still have more left in the fridge. Help me.
So one of the great things about living with a guy who hates fruit is that he never eats the fruit so I never have to worry about it going missing before I develop my recipe. Nuts on the other hand, that’s a different story. A few weeks back I was planning to make a slow-cooked cashew chicken and bought a big bag of cashews to do so. Well I ended up waiting a couple days, and when I went looking for the cashews, this is pretty much what went down:
Me: Have you seen those cashews I bought? I can’t remember where I put them in the pantry.
Matt: Oh, um, yea I ate those.
The prosecution rests, your Honor.
So while I didn’t have to worry about Matt eating my pomegranate, I had to guard the pistachios with my life. He would grab the bag to sit down and watch TV and I would say “just leave me half a cup” and this went on for about two days until I saw the bag starting to look a little trimmer, so I decided, you know what I’m gonna go ahead and take out half a cup of pistachios and set them aside. So I did that and then handed him the bag and said “now you can eat all the ones in the bag, but not the ones in that little container in the kitchen.” That seemed to do the trick, so I will be doing that from now on to ensure none of my ingredients go “missing.”
And such pretty ingredients they were!
So without further ado, here’s the recipe!
- 8 oz. high quality dark chocolate
- ¼ cup pomegranate (plus a little extra for garnish)
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped roughly (plus extra for garnish)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave (I did this method by placing it in a microwave safe dish and heating for 1 minute, take out and stir, then in 30 second intervals...it only took about 2 minutes)
- In the same bowl, add in the pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
- Spread the mixture out in a lined dish or pan (I used parchment inside of a glass casserole dish).
- Sprinkle with extra pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours (I did it for 3)
- Cut roughly with a sharp knife (it will crack unevenly and I personally think it's a good thing because it makes it more beautiful!)
- Will save in an airtight container for up to 2 wks in the fridge or six months in freezer (if you can make it last that long without eating it all!)
Cheers! Thanks, y’all!