Hey guys…just a quick post for you tonight. I posted a picture on facebook and twitter earlier about these adorable little nuggets of deliciousness and have received a few tweets and instagram comments requesting the recipe. Truth be told, I wasn’t really going to post this recipe because it is so simple that I didn’t really think it worthy of the food-blog-world that normally intrigues me beyond belief with the creativity that exists amongst those people. But since you asked… of course I will share!
I only have one picture because, like I said, I wasn’t really planning on making this a post…and even if I was, I couldn’t bring myself to take a picture of it because it looked incredibly, ummm phallic (don’t know if that’s even how you spell it, all I know is it is not appropriate) (actually it IS appropriate because I am studying “obscenity” and free speech for the bar exam…yawn, I know).
Anywayyyy! All you do is take your elements and follow a few simple steps!
- 1 banana (you can use as many as you like obviously, this recipe only used one)
- 1 skewer (obviously more if you use more than one banana)
- ¼ cup melted nutella (I microwaved it for 30 seconds)
- Cane Sugar (the crystal-looking kind, not granulated–so it really sparkles against the chocolate)
- Parchment paper
- A freezer ;)
- Place the banana on the parchment paper and put the skewer into the banana
- Pour the melted nutella over the banana, turning the banana to get an even coat (I also used a spoon to smooth it around every edge)…and then I licked the spoon clean…it’s cool, you can judge me.
- Sprinkle with cane sugar…as much as you want….I didn’t measure…I’m stressed ok? ;)
- Place the parchment paper with the banana in the freezer
- Let freeze for at least 30 minutes; an hour is probably preferable
- Remove from freezer and take out the skewer–this was really easy as the nutella hadn’t frozen around it
- Slice the banana into 1 inch chunks (trust me…otherwise you may look slightly perverted… I mean you can picture it…a banana covered in chocolate, I’m pretty sure you know what it looks like…)