I don’t even know where to begin. So much going on in my life right now. Training for a marathon being one of them. Some family issues being another, but all in all I’m just insanely busy right now. Last weekend, Matt and I had a pot-luck dinner at his former boss’s house. Since this is our third or fourth dinner there, and I’ve always brought something tasty, there have been some built-up expectations of me. Unfortunately, with my crazy busy schedule, I seriously could not even conceive of having the energy to go to the grocery store to make something on Thursday night when I had court Friday morning (the party was Friday night). So basically, I decided I was going to make something with what I had on hand and that could be made as quickly as possible.
I happened to have 2 cans of cannellini beans, fresh sage and garlic (I always keep plenty of garlic in my house!). All I needed after that was olive oil and some salt and pepper and I was good to go. Next time I would consider adding some lemon juice just for an extra tang, butit was very well received at the party and the sage gave a nice fall flavor
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cans white beans (I used cannellini but you could use something else if you prefer)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil (more to reach your desired texture if necessary, I used a bit more I think)
- 4 teaspoons freshly chopped sage, plus a bit more for garnish
- Good sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Put the garlic in food processor. Pulse to roughly chop.
- Add in the beans and olive oil and turn on processor until smooth.
- Add more olive oil until texture is as desired.
- Add in sage and give some more processing.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh sage and serve with baguette slices.