In law, Present Sense Impressions are statements which describe an event while it is occurring. These posts contain my daily musings, like good finds on Pinterest, recipes I’m drooling over, and other things that I’m generally loving lately.
Oh y’all Halloween has come and gone but I’m still drooling over all things pumpkin. You know what I love that I find to be SO underrated? Pumpkin seeds. AKA Pepitas. I made a Tandoori Version a few years ago because I had made some Pumpkin Waffles and I didn’t want to waste the seeds. Now that I’m thinking about this, I totally need to do it again for Thanksgiving because oh, brother are they good.
I also love these Candied Pumpkin Seeds from Eat the Love. They would be the perfect sweet treat after Thanksgiving dinner without having to stuff a whole piece of pie down your throat (no judgment if you do, but sometimes you’re a little too full for that!) In case Tandoori or Candied aren’t what you’re going for, you can do them three other ways, as shown in this post from Girl Versus Dough.
Now on to some sweet treats, y’all. I’m digging this Overnight Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Roll Loaf from Oh Ladycakes. You know I love anything overnight. Throw in pumpkin spice AND cinnamon roll and I’m there. Totally there. With coffee. I also shared this Pumpkin Tiramisu and these Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Dessert for Two last week, but I’m still obsessing over them, so I’m sharing them with you again.
I also really want these Cinnamon Pumpkin Pancakes from Pinch of Yum. And I’m not even super into pancakes y’all. I’m more of a waffle girl myself. Crispy waffles. I also like crispy chocolate chip cookies more than chewy ones. I’m weird just roll with it. You can balance it out with these Pumpkin Protein Bars from Food Faith Fitness. I mean y’all, healthy pumpkin recipes!
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Minimalist Baker. As far as I’m concerned, they are basically winning the pumpkin game. They have such delights as these Pumpkin Sage Biscuits that I now HAVE to make for Thanksgiving, these Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls (yes I shared them last week, no I don’t care), this Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread, this Simple Pumpkin Soup, these Vegan Pumpkin Caramels, Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream AND Pumpkin Bourbon Milkshakes. I mean OMG, could they be more on their pumpkin game?! Not possible.
Okay and these Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins from Sweet Phi are not technically pumpkin but I don’t care because I freaking love them and the woman who created them, so basically you should go look at them (and make them). She includes the lovely anecdote about how our friendship blossomed around #allthecinnamon. In case you needed further proof of how much I’M OBSESSED WITH CINNAMON, maybe I should direct you to the following “Exhibits”:
- “I have tweaked it just a little to incorporate my obsession for cinnamon.”–Apple Crunch on June 23, 2011.
- “Then sprinkled some of the cinnamon sugar that I used to rim the glass and then a little extra cinnamon because it’s my favorite spice. EVER.” —Pumpkin Pie Cocktail on November 12, 2011.
- “I am dying to make this Mexican Chocolate ice cream. This flavor is relatively new to me and when I found out it basically just means a shit-load of cinnamon and some other spice I was all like “sold.” — Present Sense Impressions on July 9, 2014.
- “Then she posted these amazing Salted Bourbon Vanilla Granola with Caramelized Fig Parfaits and this Homemade Vanilla Bean Coffee Syrup (also included a cinnamon brown sugar coffee syrup!) and my brain exploded.”– Present Sense Impressions on July 14, 2014.
- “Cinnamon is my all-time favorite spice. I just love it. There is rarely a dessert that I don’t think would benefit from a lil bit of cinnamon.” — This Week on “The Docket” and Present Sense Impressions on September 28, 2014.
- ” Serve it with these Mexican Hot Chocolate Caramel Cookies. Mexican Hot Chocolate…the stuff dreams are made of.” — Present Sense Impressions on October 29, 2014.
I rest my case. I should probably do a Present Sense Impressions Cinnamon Edition. Yes, that seems like a splendid idea.
So, members of the jury, what are you obsessing over these days?