I made this tea because it was near and dear to my mom’s heart. She kept going on and on about this holiday tea recipe that her mom used to make at Christmas called Russian Tea…Honestly the only thing I knew about Russian Tea was that there is a place called The Russian Tea Room in NYC and that Carrie had some of it on SATC. I’m clearly in the know here…
But my mom loves Russian Tea so much and was going on and on about it and then she said it reminded her of the Christmases of her childhood. How could I say no to that? I mean really? The mom who always made sure I had the most wonderful Christmases? Still to this day?! How could I deny something to the woman who has given me everything? I can’t. So this is why you are getting this tea. Because she loves it and I love her.
This tea was actually really easy to make. You basically just have to make the tea, and then make the “juice” separately, and then you pour the juice into the tea. I mean, it’s basically the easiest thing ever, so I should probably call this “the easiest way to win over your mom.” It literally took like 20 minutes. Just make it. You’ll be happy you did.
- 1 cinnamon stick, 6 cups water, 5 tea bags (4 black, 1 Earl Grey)
- 1½ cup orange juice
- Juice from ¼ lemon
- 2 TBSP pineapple juice
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½-3/4 cup sugar (I started with ½ then added another ¼ at the very end)
- In a large pot, pour in the water and add the cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil.
- Remove the pot from heat, add in your tea bags, and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix up your juice mix by combining the remaining ingredients.
- Remove tea bags from pot and add in the juice mix, stirring to incorporate. Taste it and add more sugar if needed.
- Serve immediately!