Well, it’s almost the weekend! Now that I have been working for a whole week, I feel like I kind of understand the whole TGIF thing. I am definitely not a morning person and so this week, my breakfast has basically revolved around cereal and oatmeal. So this weekend, I am looking forward to breaking out the eggs and having a real breakfast. I made this frittata a couple of weeks ago but due to various things keeping me very busy, I have been terribly negligent about posting. I won’t take up too much of your time but I will tell you that this was definitely a fantastic breakfast and would make a great breakfast over the long weekend!
- 2 green onions (white parts, chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 slices of bacon, chopped into small bites
- 2 yellow squashes, sliced thinly and then into quarters
- 1 small potato
- ½ tomato, chopped/diced
- 4 eggs
- Drizzle a pan with a little olive oil and saute all of the vegetables until tender (except tomatoes…which technically speaking are a fruit so the directions of only sauteing vegetables is totally legit).
- While sauteing the vegetables, cook the bacon in a separate skillet.
- Once vegetables are tender and bacon is cooked, mix them together and add in the tomato. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place vegetables in a cast iron skillet (I put a little cooking spray on the skillet before adding the vegetables).
- Preheat the oven to “Broil” and then cook the egg/vegetable mixture stovetop over medium heat for approximately 4-5 minutes. Then transfer the skillet to the broiler and broil, uncovered for about 3-5 minutes.
- At this point you could slide the frittata out of the skillet and onto a plate or just take it directly from the skillet by the slice, like me :)
I passed the Bar! I WILL be making some champagne cupcakes, as promised… so don’t worry too much! Ok now make this and tell me how it goes!